For Exercise Science major requirements, please refer to the academic catalog.
Why Study Exercise Science at Westminster?
- Explore the science of exercise and its role in health, fitness, and optimal sport performance.
- Prepare students for careers in strength and condition (private gyms or fitness facilities) and personal training.
- Offer another option for those interested in medicine or allied health careers.
This major includes capstone research and/or internship, tailored to the student’s career goals. Students are encouraged to obtain professional certifications such as ACSM Personal Trainer or Health/Fitness Instructor certification, as appropriate.
- Sports Psychology—Get into the mind of the athlete—the mind/body connection
- Nutrition--Eat to Win, Eat to Live.
- Kinesiology—Students compare two performers to detect the subtleties of sports action. A picture is worth a thousand words
Students are prepared for a wide range of career opportunities in the fields of health, fitness, and health & sport science research.
Name: Therese Miller
Position: Associate Professor, Education: Physical Education
Office: Room 7, Historic Gym
Phone Number: 573-592-5300