ADA Academic Accommodations
Westminster College students wishing to receive academic accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act must meet the following requirements each semester.
- Present current documentation to the Director of the Tomnitz Family Learning Opportunity Center before any accommodations can be discussed. This documentation must include a diagnosis, an explanation, and recommended accommodations. Individualized Education Plans are not acceptable documentation and will not be accepted. Documentation must come from a professional source with verifiable credentials.
- Complete the appropriate accommodation request form and set up a meeting with the Director to discuss the requested accommodations. Students may only need to complete the abbreviated form (Section Appendix F), or students may need to complete a longer form (Appendix E). The specific form will depend on the nature of the accommodations requested. Students should start with the Abbreviated Form.
- If the request form includes alternate testing, then the student must also complete the LOC Testing Agreement Form (Appendix G).
- If the request form includes note takers, then the student must also complete the Note Taker Accommodation Form (Appendix H).
- Students should also discuss approved accommodations with their instructors and notify instructors of their needs.
Westminster College’s complete ADA policy and statements can be found at the following web location: