The first semester of a foreign language is part of Tier I and is an introduction to a foreign language for the purpose of gaining insight into cultural diversity. Click here for language requirements for students whose first language is not English.
- Students with three or more years of high school foreign language may substitute a related culture course
- Students with 2 or more years of high school foreign language should take the online placement test prior to preregistration
- If a student places into 102 and successfully completes it, the student will receive credit for both 102 (4 hours) and 101 (4 hours) = 8 hours total.
- If a student places into 203 and passes it, the student will receive credit for 203 (3 hours), 102 (3 hours), and 101 (3 hours) = 9 hours total.
- A student may take the appropriate culture course to complete the requirement upon placement into 102 or above. Students electing this option must retake the placement test on campus.