These procedures address what to submit to the Business Office to process payments.
Please note: Any purchases over $250 must be approved by requesting a Purchase Order before a purchase has been made.
Check Requisition Forms received by 5:00 pm on Monday of the check run date,per the bi-weekly check run schedule below, will be paid the Friday of the bi-weekly check run date.
The bi-weekly check run dates for FY16-17 are as follows:
Check Requisitions Forms
Submit one check requisition form for each vendor (For example: A request for payment for two invoices from Office Depot can be included on one check request form.)
Please allow adequate time for processing and mailing before the payment is due. If a discount for early payment applies, please submit timely to take advantage of the discount.
The following signatures are required on each payment requisitions:
- Payment Initiator
- Department Head
- Cabinet Member (if request total is $1000 or more)
Check requisition will be returned to the originator for:
- Inadequate supporting documentation
- Mismatched amounts on the requisition versus the supporting documents
- Missing Signatures
- Incorrect account numbers
- Questions regarding the charge, especially related to policies
Supporting documentation which includes detailed receipts (not the credit card payment copy), invoices, online confirmations, etc. and should be stapled to the check requisition. Receipts should list the following:
- business purpose for expenses, particularly meals
- individuals in attendance
Please include an extra copy of the invoice if one is to be sent with the check.