Below you will find all open office staff positions. If nothing appears, there are no available listings. Please note that a background check is required on selected candidates. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant to the Office of Alumni Engagement
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement/Alumni Office
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Alumni Engagement
Under the general direction of the Director of Alumni Engagement, provides administrative support to the Alumni Engagement Office, assists in correspondence and planning process of the office, serves as the office manager.
- Directs the departmental accounting activities by keeping track of money received, annual fund donation transfers, credit card statements and timely payment of expenses.
- Assist the Alumni Office by providing support for general office administration, to include daily correspondence, answering telephones, welcoming visitors, ordering supplies and supervising student workers.
- Assist with the alumni/campus event process by sending invites and tracking responses.
- Assist and handle special event details such as hotel reservations and special requests of alumni.
- Assist with communications by providing support of letter writing, updating of website and email support.
- Assist with Class Agent Alumni Program by providing administrative support.
- Education: High School diploma or GED required; earned college credit preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience or equivalent.
- Skills: Strong professionalism. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail and excellent written and personal communication skills are required. Solid computer skills are necessary. Ability to work as a team player with various campus departments is critical. Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, think/act strategically, maintain confidentiality, prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects at the same time is required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise student workers in their daily activities.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Must be able to operate the computer and all of the associated software, including Microsoft Office and Razors Edge and office machines such as a copier, fax machine and multi-line phone.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computer, fax machine, telephone and copy machine. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office is located in a climate controlled building.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please sent your application, cover letter and resume with a list of three professional references to: email@example.com or mail to Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Reffett, Director of HR/Compensation, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton, MO 65251. Applications will be accepted until the positin is filled. EOE
POSITION: Administrative Assistant for Residential & Greek Life
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean/Director of Residential and Greek Life
The Administrative Assistant for Residential & Greek Life (RGL) will serve as the primary departmental support staff person for the Associate Dean/Director of RGL and Assistant Director of Greek Life/Recreation Services. Under the general direction of the Associate Dean/Director, the administrative assistant will serve as the first contact for all departmental constituents (including students, families, faculty, staff and friends of the College), and will coordinate all major administrative tasks. This position will have frequent contact with students, so it is imperative that administrative assistant maintain productive, professional rapport while working with college students in varying degrees of need and/or crisis.
- Education: Associate's Degree required.
- Experience: Previous office experience preferred.
- Skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, must be detail oriented, possess exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills, strong customer service philosophy and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must also be able to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: Previous support staff/office management experience preferred.
- Assist the Associate Dean/Director in supervising the daily operation of the office by scheduling meetings and appointments, processing mail, composing and editing correspondence, answering the phone and serving as a general receptionist. This may also include the hiring, training and supervision of student employees.
- Serve campus constituents by answering questions, providing mediation services, or offering direction and referral to other campus departments when necessary.
- Maintain housing and meal plan records for the institution, including the completion of the Census Report each semester. This includes determining residency of students, assisting with the coordination of room selection and/or housing assignments, updating housing records (both internal and external to department), and issuing all housing correspondence to new and returning students.
- Serve as the primary Student Life module manager in the all-campus information database.
- Manage the campus identification card issuance process and computer system.
- Maintain constant communication with primary stakeholder departments, including: Campus Safety & Security, Fresh Ideas (campus dining), Plant Operations, Information Technology (IT) and the Business Office.
- Provide administrative support to campus programs, such as New Student Orientation, room selection, housing opening and closing processes, early arrival approvals, or Resident Advisor (RA) selection and/or training
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to use the computer network system which includes Microsoft Office and other software packages. Must be able to operate typical office equipment such as copy machine, telephone, and fax machine. Must be able to operate office machines such as the fax, telephone, copy machine, and typewriter.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, reaching, and bending. May require light lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machine, calculators, telephone and office equipment. May also require activities such as setting up tables and chairs or other work related to setting up facilities.
Climate controlled building with private office at most times. This person will also be outside, in other buildings and in various work situations. This position would require occasional work responsibilities on evenings and weekends throughout the year.
How To Apply:
Please send your application, cover letter, and resume with a list of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Reffett, Director of HR/Compensation, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton MO 65251. EOE.