Accounting - Westminster College - Fulton, Missouri
For Accounting major and minor requirements, please refer to the academic catalog.
Why Study Accounting at Westminster?
- Service-learning course offering income tax preparation to low income individuals
- Small classes with faculty with both audit and tax experience
- Fun classes like fraud examination and international accounting
- Be eligible to sit for CPA exam (requires 1502 hours) after graduation (four years is possible)
All accounting majors complete the accounting program with all the necessary accounting courses for the CPA exam. However, accounting is not limited to the CPA. Many students prefer to work in private accounting and do not need certification or would like to work in managerial accounting. If this is your future goal, our program will work well for you and at the same time prepare you for the option of taking the CPA exam. What sets our program apart is that you will know the necessary courses from day one and be able to plan your schedule accordingly.
If you are interested in business, commercial or tax law, majoring in accounting is an excellent track. Our program prepares you for a professional career in accounting, graduate school, or law school. It’s up to you to decide!
NOTE: To find more accounting career opportunity details, go to www.StartHereGoPlaces.com or check out information about the CPA exam at www.cpaexam.org.
Beyond the Classroom
- Pursue internships with various business and accounting firms in nearby St. Louis and as far away as Chicago
- Study abroad
- Participate in the Blue Blazers Club, a student organization that learns about financial markets and investments by actually investing and managing a real stock portfolio
“The close personal interaction with professors who are CPA’s themselves creates a real opportunity to learn and prepare for a job in that field. I know several individuals who have secured jobs with Big Four and regional accounting firms, including two of us who are now partners in those firms.”---Sean Vincent ‘93, partner at KPMG LLP.
Name: Elise Bartley
Phone: (573) 592-5215
Check out what Westminster accounting students and alums are doing and get accounting department updates.