For requirements, please visit the course catalog.
Why get an Asian Studies Minor?
- Supplement a major in fields such as international studies, transnational studies, business, history, philosophy, religion, political science, sociology, and anthropology.
- Students can broaden their awareness of global issues and improve their ability to function as members of and increasingly interdependent global community.
Foreign Study in Asia
- Westminster College offers numerous foreign study opportunities in Asian countries.
- Many courses offered during foreign study can count toward the Asian studies minor, including language courses.
- Because China and Japan have the second- and third-largest economies in the world, knowledge of Asia is crucial for international and domestic business.
- A background in Asian Studies can make students more competitive for graduate programs in the humanities and social sciences.
Name: Dr. Kurt Jefferson
Position: Assistant Dean for Global Initiatives and Director, Churchill Institute for Global Engagement/Professor of Transnational and International Studies
Office: Room 101, CIGE
Phone Number: 573-592-5266