Asian Studies Minor
For Asian Studies minor requirements, please refer to the academic catalog.
Why Study Asian Studies at Westminster?
• Supplement a major in fields such as international studies, transnational studies, business, history, philosophy, religion, political science, sociology, and anthropology.
• Students can broaden their awareness of global issues and improve their ability to function as members of and increasingly interdependent global community.
Foreign Study in Asia
• Westminster College offers numerous foreign study opportunities in Asian countries.
• Many courses offered during foreign study can count toward the Asian studies minor, including language courses.
• Because China and Japan have the second- and third-largest economies in the world, knowledge of Asia is crucial for international and domestic business.
• A background in Asian Studies can make students more competitive for graduate programs in the humanities and social sciences.
Name: Dr. James McRae
Position: Associate Professor of Philosophy and Religion; Coordinator for Asian Studies
Office: Westminster Hall #212
Phone Number: 573-592-6229