Internships and Off-Campus Programs
Seize the summer with an unforgettable internship. Gain valuable work experience, and receive course credit if you qualify.
Available in every discipline all over the world.
- If you are at least a sophomore with a 2.0 or higher GPA, you could qualify to receive credit for your internship.
- The number of credits you can earn depends on the number of hours on site. You can earn one credit for every 50 hours minimum.
- Final deadline for registering and turning in required paperwork is June 15; however, it is preferred that you take care of this before leaving campus.
- The cost for Summer internship credit is $275/credit hour and will be billed in July.
- No retroactive credit will be granted; communication with, and assignments for, a WC faculty sponsor must take place within the dates of the internship.
Contact Abigail Manwell, Asst. Director of the Center for Career Development/Internship Coordinator, for more information. Phone: 573.592.5382
More on Internships
Summer Off-Campus Programs
Consider an off-campus summer program for credit and adventure! Earn transfer credit at Westminster in exciting destinations all over the world: Experience the University of East Anglia, England (digital animation, theater, psychology, children’s health, medieval history); spice up your Spanish in Oviedo, Spain; or freshen up your French in Dijon, France. Study international relations, world history, and even taekwondo at Hanyang University in Seoul, S. Korea (instruction in English; tuition & housing fees are waived, too!).
Or try a multi-country experience in Europe and North Africa through Semester at Sea. You can also study “away” without leaving the country – like Prof. David Schmidt’s ‘x-treme’ geo tour of the American national parks. Scholarships are available for many programs, and these are just a sampling. For a more complete listing of off-campus summer and AY opportunities, see our website: http://is.gd/westmoaway
For an individual appointment, contact Dr. Jeremy Straughn, Director, Study Abroad and Off-Campus Programs, Westminster Hall 145.