Class of '73: A cross country and track runner for Westminster. Prior Assistant Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track and field Coach, University of Missouri, Columbia.
“While attending Westminster College, I had very rewarding academic, athletic, and social experiences. Via the outstanding professors, the challenging courses helped me develop discipline, knowledge, leadership skills, and respect for others in order to be successful in my professional career. The mentoring by Coach Richard (Dick) F. Ault assisted me in becoming a national-level post-collegiate runner. The prestigious Westminster College education always gave me an advantage when applying for a coaching or administrative position.”
- First runner to achieve NAIA All-District #16 honors in Cross Country four times
- Two-time individual NAIA All-American in Track and Field (finished 6th in 1972 and 5th in 1973 in the mile run at the National Indoor Championships
- Set Westminster College school records at two-miles, 3000 meter steeplechase, three-miles and six miles
- Named Westminster College “Athlete of the Year” in 1973
- Competed post-collegiately and sponsored by Nike for 10 years