The Wellness Center provides a holistic, student-centered approach towards treating individuals with eating issues and/or body image/self-esteem concerns. We have on staff a registered dietitian, counselors, and health care providers that work together to address concerns and create an individualized plan for students. We also provide programs on nutrition, body image and eating disorders to student groups and classes.
To schedule an appointment or make a referral, please call (573)592-5361.
Click here to request a presentation for your class or organization. For more information contact the Wellness Programs Director, Amanda Stevens at (573)592.5256 Amanda.Stevens@westminster-mo.edu
These are useful links for information and materials on: eating disorders, body image, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating, eating disorder not otherwise specified (EDNOS) and other related issues.
- NEDA National Eating Disorders Association http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
- McCallum Place http://www.mccallumplace.com/
- NIMH National Institute of Mental Health http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/eating-disorders/complete-index.shtml
- ANAD National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, INC http://www.anad.org/get-information/about-eating-disorders/general-information/
- Body Positive http://www.bodypositive.com/
- Something Fishy http://www.something-fishy.org/