Did you know…?
- Every 17 minutes an American dies by suicide.
- Every day 86 Americans take their own life and another 1500 attempt suicide.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for college students.
- Suicide is the most preventable kind of death, and almost any positive action may save a life.
Ask a Question, Save a Life - Become a QPR Gatekeeper -
QPR Gatekeeper training will teach you how to recognize warning signs for suicide, how to approach someone who feels suicidal, and how and where to refer that person for help. Gatekeeper training is open to all students, staff, and faculty at Westminster College.
Click here to request a training. For more information contact the Wellness Programs Director, Amanda Stevens at (573)592.5256 or Amanda.email@example.com
- American Association of Suicidology http://www.suicidology.org/
- Suicide Awareness/Voices of Education http://www.save.org/
- AFSP American Foundation for Suicide Prevention http://www.afsp.org/
- National Hopeline http://www.hopeline.com/