Click here to print the application
Who are the students?
A Friendship Family Student is one of the following:
- An international student who is from a different country, and likely to be at Westminster for 4 years.
- An international student from one of our exchange schools (usually from Korea, France, or UK) who will be at Westminster for 6-12 months.
- An out-of-state student who does not have family nearby and lives too far away to go home on short school breaks.
What will having a host family mean to you?
- A continuing in-depth relationship with concerned adults
- Involvement with warm and friendly American family
- Help in getting over the initial period of 'culture shock'
- Assistance in finding your way and getting acquainted with Fulton and nearby towns
- A practical cure for loneliness and homesickness
What can you do for the families?
- Introduce your culture and country, share your photos or slides from home
- Give maps and postcards of your country
- Visit together a store that sells things from your country
- Explain national holidays when they occur, discuss current events in your country
- Play music or songs from your country, and dress in your national dress
- Invite them to Westminster College events
What will the families do for you?
- Interact informally with you
- Show concern for you in human ways
- Invite you to community events
- Introduce you to friends and relatives