Office of Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs
***Like us on Facebook!***
Westmo Study Abroad on FB
Visit the Office of Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs!
Westminster College encourages international and off-campus study by its students as well as study by international students in Fulton. Eligible students should meet the minimum grade point average requirement for the selected program, be in good academic and disciplinary standing and must have attended a minimum of one semester at Westminster College prior to departure for the program. Students may elect to study off-campus in a domestic or international program and can also participate in off-campus programs led by our faculty, to such destinations as Australia, Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Germany, Iceland and Peru to name only a few. Credit transfer and scholarship opportunities are available. Interested students should contact the Director of International & Off-Campus Programs for more information.
Dr. Jeremy Brooke Straughn, Director
Westminster Hall, Room 25 (downstairs)
501 Westminster Ave.
Fulton, MO 65251-1299
|Financial Aid, Funding & Other Helpful Hints
||Credit Transfer Opportunities |
- Endowed Scholarships: Each year the college awards the Cranshaw Scholarship for two semesters of study in the United Kingdom and the Piper Scholarship for one semester study in Europe. Applications are available in November of each year and due the following January. Click here for details.
- Exchange Programs: In most cases, all financial aid except work-study may be applied.
- Affiliated Programs: Students may transfer federal financial aid and some state aid (if a Missouri resident).
- Students may be eligible for scholarships awarded by the host institution or provider.
- The Study Abroad Office provides assistance to students with applications to other national and international scholarships to help finance their studies.
- Check out the following websites for additional information and scholarship search engines:
- Credit for courses taken off campus is usually transferable to Westminster, provided the application for off-campus study is completed through the Office of Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs.
- Students should confer with academic advisors when making plans for study abroad.
- Appropriate approvals for course selections should be obtained prior to departure in order to ensure transfer credit.
- In most cases, credit will transfer, but grades will be recorded as Credit or No Credit and have no impact on GPA.
- See the current Westminster College catalogue for additional details.