College History 

   
Important Dates in Westminster College History:

February 18, 1851  
Fulton College established
 
  
1853
The Synod of Missouri adopts Fulton College giving it the Presbyterian name "Westminster" 

March 5, 1946
Sir Winston Churchill delivers  "The Sinews of Peace" speech as the John Findley Green Lecturer
1969
Dedication of the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury

Fall 1979
Westminster admits first coeducational class

November 9, 1990
Dedication of the "Breakthrough" sculpture by President Ronald Reagan

March 4, 2006
60th Anniversary Celebration of Churchill's speech and grand re-opening of the Churchill Memorial Museum & Library with new, interactive exhibits

June 15, 2009
United States Congress approves national designation for The Churchill Memorial and Library as America's National Churchill Museum.