The following information on the Westminster College purchasing cards is intended to help you in your use of the card, and the Business Office in accounting for that usage.
Limits and Exclusions
The Westminster College purchasing cards are a MasterCard that may be used anywhere that MasterCard is accepted. However, there may be exclusions placed on cards that will prevent them from being used at certain types of vendors. You will be made aware if any such limitations have been placed on your card. Each card also has only an overall credit limit. Daily and transaction limits no longer apply.
When using the purchasing card, be sure to tell the cashier that is it a tax-exempt sale. Carry a copy of the tax exemption letter with you as most businesses will require it. Most purchases should be exempt from sales tax, however, other states may not accept our tax exemption.
Invoices/Receipts to Business Office
- The cardholder is to access the monthly credit card statement online at www.bankcardcenter.net and print. (Typically, the statements are available online on the 4th of each month. If that date falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be available the following business day.
- The cardholder is to complete the credit card payment requisition form.
- Enter each purchase on an individual line item
- Once all items are entered, prepare the total for that section of the form.
- Summarize the totals for each GL number on the bottom section of the form and total.
- Compare the top and bottom totals to confirm that they match.
- Sign and date the form.
- Attach all receipts and other supporting documentation. A receipt is required for each purchase.
- Submit the completed packet to the immediate supervisor or cabinet member, as required by your departmental procedures.
- Each supervisor must review the form for accuracy and appropriateness, sign, date, and forward to the appropriate cabinet member.
- The cabinet member must review the form for accuracy and appropriateness, sign, and date.
- The approved packet must be submitted to Accounts Payable in the Business Office no later that the 8th of the month or the business day prior to the 8th.