1. Assist the Associate Dean/Director in supervising the daily operation of the office by scheduling meetings and appointments, processing mail, composing and editing correspondence, answering the phone and serving as a general receptionist. This may also include the hiring, training and supervision of student employees.
2. Serve campus constituents by answering questions, providing mediation services, or offering direction and referral to other campus departments when necessary.
3. Maintain housing and meal plan records for the institution, including the completion of the Census Report each semester. This includes determining residency of students, assisting with the coordination of room selection and/or housing assignments, updating housing records (both internal and external to department), and issuing all housing correspondence to new and returning students.
4. Serve as the primary Student Life module manager in the all-campus information database.
5. Manage the campus identification card issuance process and computer system.
6. Maintain constant communication with primary stakeholder departments, including: Campus Safety & Security, Fresh Ideas (campus dining), Plant Operations, Information Technology (IT) and the Business Office.
7. Provide administrative support to campus programs, such as New Student Orientation, room selection, housing opening and closing processes, early arrival approvals, or Resident Advisor (RA) selection and/or training
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to use the computer network system which includes Microsoft Office and other software packages. Must be able to operate typical office equipment such as copy machine, telephone, and fax machine. Must be able to operate office machines such as the fax, telephone, copy machine, and typewriter.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, reaching, and bending. May require light lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machine, calculators, telephone and office equipment. May also require activities such as setting up tables and chairs or other work related to setting up facilities.
Climate controlled building with private office at most times. This person will also be outside, in other buildings and in various work situations. This position would require occasional work responsibilities on evenings and weekends throughout the year.