Below you will find all open plant operations staff positions. If nothing appears, there are no available listings. Please note that a background check is required on selected candidates. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Custodian (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Plant Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager of Maintenance and Custodial Operations
This is manual labor associated with daily and non-routine cleaning of campus buildings and facilities. Employees in this job classification are under moderate supervision and performs various duties requiring moderate physical strength. This will typically be a Monday-Friday, four hours per day position, although the employee will need to remain flexible to other days and times.
- Maintain facility flooring to established standards, by dust mopping, sweeping, spray-buffing, refinishing hard surface flooring; by vacuuming, spot cleaning, shampooing carpeted flooring following proper procedures.
- Maintain above-floor areas to established standards by scrubbing and cleaning restroom fixtures, keeping restrooms supplied with soap and paper supplies; dusting, cleaning, washing walls, doors, windows, woodwork, and other above the floor surfaces following proper procedures.
- Perform other related work to established standards by policing public areas and around the outside of buildings and facilities; removing trash from receptacles; setting up rooms for conferences, lectures, and special events; moving furniture; notifying immediate supervisor of equipment and facility items needing repair or replacement.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Two years experience in the use of mechanical cleaning equipment preferred.
- Skills: Requires a general knowledge of cleaning practices and specific knowledge of how to mix and use cleaning chemicals; knowledge of safety procedures related to hazardous chemicals.
May provide guidance to work study students.
May provide assistance in other trades within Plant Operations as directed.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Vacuum cleaners, buffers, wet vacuums, auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, and typical custodial tools, equipment and supplies.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting in excess of 25 pounds on a daily basis.
Some areas are hot, dirty, congested, and have tight working spaces. Will clean messes requiring special precautions, following campus Bloodborne Pathogen procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application, cover letter, and resume to: email@example.com or Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Reffett, Director of HR/Compensation, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton MO 65251. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE