Below you will find all open professional staff positions. If nothing appears, there are no available listings. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Accountant and Budget Director
DEPARTMENT: Business and Finance
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for Business and Controller
The Accountant/Budget Director coordinates the annual and multi-year budgeting and modeling for the College, prepares financial analysis of budget projections and strategic initiatives, and assists with financial accounting duties.
- Under the direction of the Controller and CFO, coordinates and is responsible for the preparation and analysis of the annual and multi-year budget model.
- Performs financial analysis of budget projections and strategic initiatives.
- Reconciles endowment and updates Fundriver to track the endowment.
- Reconciles restricted funds and prepares associated reports.
- Prepares and enters journal entries.
- Creates general ledger accounts in response to campus requests.
- Provides requested information to campus community regarding account balances, appropriate expense posting, and cumulative restricted fund balances.
- Assists the Controller with accounting duties including endowment management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with an accounting concentration required.
Experience: A minimum of three to five years of experience in budgeting, accounting and financial analysis. Experience in a college environment is preferred.
Skills: Budgeting and financial analysis, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, use of computerized accounting systems and budgeting software, preparation of financial reports, oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with all constituencies.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate the computer and all of the associated software used at the college, and other office equipment.
Supervises the accounts payable and accounts receivable staff.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to remain in a stationary position, must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items up to 50 lbs.
Works in a normal office environment most of the time with minimal exposure to temperature changes, noise, dust or chemicals.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application, cover letter, and resume with a list of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Otto, Associate Vice President, Chief HR Officer, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton MO 65251. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westminster College is an inclusive institution. Westminster does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulation.