Below you will find all open professional staff positions. If nothing appears, there are no available listings. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Director of International Admissions
DEPARTMENT: Admissions Office
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Enrollment Management
The position will focus primarily on the planning, implementing, and evaluating of recruitment activities for international students, pursuing both degree and non-degree programs. Primary responsibilities will be to continue to strengthen the existing international student population of 16% through admission and recruitment efforts. These efforts include statistical analysis, market segmentation, alumni support, travel, and academic evaluation. The director of international admissions works closely with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Director of Undergraduate Admission to develop strategies for international recruitment that are consistent with Westminster’s mission and goals.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with non-English speakers and individuals with diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to develop an international admissions team to work collaboratively to achieve institutional and department goals.
- Through heavy use of outgoing contacts via phone, email, social media, etc., the counselor cultivates, engages, grades, persuades and closes prospective students. Always qualifies conversation and generates next steps (application, enrollment deposit, FAFSA, housing application, registration, etc.).
- Determine and communicate admission decisions for international students. Process or oversee the process of SEVIS and other US Department of Homeland Security requirements, to include I-20s, and all other related and required such documentation.
- Leads group information sessions and also meets one-on-one with parents and prospective students to provide information and assist in the application process; gives campus tours
- After receipt of application materials, determines and informs students of acceptance and award of possible scholarships. Reviews files for acceptance and presents admission recommendation to admissions committee.
- Develops, maintains and delivers an ongoing communication flow with prospective students in conjunction with the office of admissions marketing communication flow.
- Researches, plans and executes fall and spring travel for recruitment, by evaluating previous years' productivity; coordinates travel plans with college and guidance counselors; meets with prospective students at educational fairs to inform them about the college, i.e. application process, scholarships, financial aid, majors, campus activities and on-campus housing.
- Cultivate relationships with alumni, guidance counselors and other constituents in the territory to assist with the recruitment process.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience in a college/university setting with prior international recruitment experience.
Skills: Ability to maintain a calm and professional atmosphere in a busy and dynamic environment; clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; time management skills, must be a team player with the ability to work well with a variety of staff with different work styles and project priorities, should be a quality-minded self-starter; confidentiality is essential.
Essential: Valid driver's license and passport with the ability to travel internationally without restriction.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate the computer and all of the associated software used at the college, including Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS, and other office machines such as the fax, calculator, and telephone.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%, must be able to move about inside th eoffice to access file cabinets, office machinery, greeting students, customers, etc. Frequently communicates with students, staff, faculty, etc, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items up to 50 lbs. Requires working some evenings and weekends.
Climate controlled building and private office. International trave required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application, cover letter, and resume with a list of three professional references to:firstname.lastname@example.org or Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Otto, Associate Vice President, Chief HR Officer, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton MO 65251. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westminster College is an inclusive institution. Westminster does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulation.