Below you will find all open professional staff positions. If nothing appears, there are no available listings. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Chief Communications Officer (CCO)
DEPARTMENT: President's Office
REPORTS TO: President
The Chief Communications Officer will lead a unified College Communications Office that advances the college’s global mission. This office will coordinate all aspects of the college's strategic communications and marketing, both externally and internally. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the CCO will be involved in developing institutional communication messages and strategies as well as working collaboratively with all institutional units to champion integrated, strategic communications and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic recommendations to the President about the most effective strategies to unify institutional and unit communications
- Lead the use of market research and data-driven analysis to evaluate and improve the impact of institutional messaging to achieve institutional goals and foresee market trends in order to preserve Westminster's brand in a competitive higher education environment
- Leverage communications strategies and vehicles to expand the institution's regard as a premier liberal arts college.
- Develop and implement guidelines for the highest quality and effectiveness in institutional branding and all college communications
- Serve as principal communications advisor and support for executive communications
- Initiate and direct a comprehensive approach to marketing and internal and external communication
- Effectively manage crisis communications and high-profile communications issues
Strategic Communications and Marketing Management:
- Manage the various means of promoting the college's core messages through wide use of media and strategies, including print, web, and new media
- Plan, create and allocate institutional resources for media relations publications production; special events communications; design and photography; marketing and advertising new media outlets; and Internet content, navigation and visual appearance
- Lead integrated marketing for purposes of student, faculty, and staff recruitment
- Coordinate public relations and institutional communications activities
- Provide coordination and support for interactions and relations with external media
- Advance effective communication with donors and alumni
- Oversee content and quality of all institutional publications
- Promote and support internal communications cohesion and effectiveness
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and professional development of communications staff at institutional and unit levels.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree highly preferred.
- The CCO will be a skilled and experienced professional with at least 5-7 years of broad communications experience, with experience in both internal and external communications roles and a record of making actionable recommendations of tested impact and effectiveness to senior leadership. S/he will ideally have experience in a variety of traditional and new media in progressively more responsible and impactful roles.
- A persuasive communication, with proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences, through writing and speaking.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked a in a complex entity. If coming from the for-profit world, nonprofit, higher education consulting and/or board experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing resources-time, finances, people-to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality and experience with creating incentives for coordinated, unified quality improvement initiatives. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning and working effectively with all the institutions constituencies.
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- Strong commitment to the social sector with a passion for the organization’s mission is essential.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, dynamic team.
- Experience should include coordinating and unifying functions and staff within distributed environments.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in all the strategic communication and marketing areas reporting to this position.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate the computer and all of the associated software used at the college, and other office machines such as the fax, calculator, and telephone.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machine, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Work is in a typical office setting.
About Westminster College:
Founded in 1851, Westminster College is a private, selective, coeducational, residential, undergraduate college. Our curriculum focuses on preparing students to succeed within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in. Students are challenged and guided by expert faculty to evolve into the capable leaders and confident difference-makers they are meant to be.
It shall be the mission of Westminster College to educate and inspire all its students through a distinctive liberal arts curriculum and a dynamic developmental experience, to challenge them to be critically aware, life-long learners and leaders of character, committed to the values of integrity, fairness, respect, and responsibility; and to prepare them for lives of success, significance, and service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application, cover letter, and resume with a list of three professional references to:email@example.com or Westminster College, Attn: Lisa Reffett, Associate Vice President, Chief HR Officer, 501 Westminster Avenue, Fulton MO 65251. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE