Westminster College offers a number of benefits to Domestic Partners of eligible faculty and staff members. The benefits extend to Domestic Partners who meet the enrollment qualifications summarized in the policy and within each employee benefit Plan document.
Domestic Partner Policy
- In order to receive college benefits for a Domestic Partner, the employee must complete an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership.
- If the relationship with the Domestic Partner ends, the employee must notify the Human Resources Office within thirty-one (31) days of the end of the Domestic Partner relationship by filing a Statement of Termination of Domestic Partnership. The employee must also mail a copy of the Statement to the other party.
- A new Affidavit of Domestic Partnership must be completed if another qualifying Domestic Partner relationship occurs in the future. However, a new Affidavit cannot be filed until twelve (12) months after the filing of a Statement of Termination.
Benefits Extended to Domestic Partners
Beneficiaries of a Domestic Partner are eligible for the following benefit programs under the standard criteria established for and described within each benefit Plan document.
Employee Health Care Plan
- Tuition Remission Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
Dental Insurance Plan (voluntary plan)
- Life Insurance (optional life)
- Other - included in the definition of a family member