The primary mission of MOREnet is to provide collaborative networked information services for educational, research, public service, economic development and government purposes to its Consortium members and project participants and those they serve.
All network use by MOREnet members, project participants and those connected via MOREnet members or project participants shall be for, or in support of, research; education; local, state or national government affairs; economic development or public service.
- Use that violates Federal or State law or use that violates this MOREnet Acceptable Use.
- Use that interferes with the proper functioning of the Services or that interferes with the ability of others to make use of the Services.
- Use which attempts to gain or gains unauthorized access to a computer system or data of another.
- Use that infringes upon the intellectual property rights of others.
- Use to conduct commercial or for-profit business, except as permitted under the mission or policies of the member institution.
Enforcement of Policy
Each MOREnet member or project participant must make reasonable efforts to publicize the policies of MOREnet and to ensure compliance of those connected through them.
Reported and perceived violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will be reviewed by the MOREnet Executive Director. Violations that are not promptly remedied by the member institution or project participant may result in action including the termination of MOREnet service or the forfeiture of MOREnet membership.