- Please check to verify your OS by selecting "About this Mac" under the Apple Menu in the upper right hand corner. If you are using 10.4 or earlier use these instructions.
- Select "System Preferences..." under the Apple Menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Choose "Print & Scan" under the Hardware category in the System Preferences window.
- Click the plus sign underneath the printers list (this list may be empty if this is your first time adding a
- Click the "Default" icon on the tool bar.
- Select the printer you want to map out of the list.
- After selecting the printer under "Use" choose the "Generic PostScript Printer".
- Your printer should be added. Now test it in word to make sure it works.
Go to "File" then "Print".
- It then should ask you to authorize your account. To make sure it works type in as you see below but use your own username and password. You can also just try the username without the domain attached, but sometimes that may not work.
- It should print. If you cannot please contact the helpdesk at 592-5169 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mapping Printers to a MAC
*Instructions for OS 10.5 or greater.