- PhD in French Studies, 2009, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
- M.A. in Interdisciplinary French Studies, 2001, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B. A. in French Language and Literature, 1994, University Al.I. Cuza, Iasi, Romania.
Field of Specialization
French literature and culture (second half of 18th century and 19th century) Fields of interest: cultural history, representations of America in French writings, Québec contemporary novel.
Scholarly / Professional Highlights
- taught a wide range of undergraduate courses, from elementary French to Advanced Civilization, and two graduate translation courses
- participation in prestigious conferences, such as Nineteenth Century French Studies Colloquium, Modern Languages Association Convention, and American Council for Québec Studies Biennial Conference
- numerous published translations, both in the country of origin (Romania) and in USA