Dr. Bhandari is very actively involved in teaching and academic research. He publishes regularly in
peer reviewed journal and presents his research at major international and national professional conferences.
His research and works covers international trade and finance, development economics, economic policy,
and econometric and statistical analysis.
Among his peer reviewed publications are:
- “Exchange Rate volatility and FDI Movements South and South East Asia”, with K Upadhyaya,
published in International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies (IJEPEE), Inderscience
- “An Empirical Look at Kuznets Curve”,” with G Pradhan, M Upadhayaya, “International Journal of Economic Science and Empirical Research, 2010.
The paper was top ten-down load in its category at SSRN.
- “On the Null Distribution of the Test for a Single Lower Outlier in Gamma Sample with both Parameter
Unknown”, Dr. D Sanjel, Journal of Probability and Statistical Science” August 2010.
- “Panel data evidence of the impact of exchange rate uncertainty on private investment in Southeast Asia” with Kamal Upadhyaya, Applied Economics”, 1-5, July 24, 2008
- “Determinants of Private Savings in South Asia,” With Dharmendra Dhakal et al, Published in “South Asian Journal of Economics,” (Vol. 8, No.2). Feb, 2008
- "Foreign Aid, FDI and Economic Growth in East European Countries." With Dharmendra Dhakal et al. (2007) Economics Bulletin, Vol. 6, No. 13 pp. 1-9, April 8, 2007.
- “Exchange rate Adjustment and Output in Greece and Cyprus: Evidence From Panel Data”, with K Upadhyaya, and Franklin G. Mixon, published in “Applied Financial Economics, 2004, 14, 181-118
He has presented papers at such professional conferences such as AEA, MEA, MVEA, SEA, EEA, and CED Delhi School of Economics, University of New Haven, State University of New York, Westminster College.
Dr Bhandari has worked as referee for academic journal in his field and is actively involved in mentoring student
Dr. Bhandari comes to Westminster College with a long experience in teaching, research and services Among the University Dr. Bhandari worked before coming to Westminster College, are University of Western Ontario Canada, Merrimack College, Northeastern University, Tuft University, Clark University, and Tribhuvan University, Nepal. Dr. Bhandari also work as an economist with City of London, Ontario, Canada and Nexus Associate, MA. Besides these Dr. Bhandari has also taught at Duksung Women’s University, Seoul, Korea, Lahore University of Management Science, Lahore Pakistan.
Dr. Bhandari has a PhD. and Masters in Political Economy from Boston University and M.A. in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi India. He did his undergraduate from Honours School Economics, Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
Dr. Bhandari lives with his wife and a daughter in Fulton. He enjoys long walks, fishing, swimming and reading.