Charitable Remainder Trust
The charitable remainder trust is perhaps the most versatile charitable giving tool. With the charitable trust it is possible to bypass capital gains tax on the sale of highly appreciated assets, generate an increase in income, receive an attractive charitable income tax deduction, and fulfill your objective to serve Westminster College.
A charitable trust provides asset management in a separate trust fund. Appreciated assets (cash, securities, real estate) used to fund the trust are not subject to capital gains taxation when placed in the trust.
The charitable remainder trust is a legal trust that can be constructed to produce a predictable payment each year or take advantage of investment growth opportunities with income payments based on a growing trust principal.
Charitable Remainder Benefits
- Current income tax charitable deduction
- Bypass of capital gains tax on highly appreciated assets
- Receive regular income payments from the trust
- Transfer a non-income producing asset into the trust to generate income
- Trusts may be written for life or for a term of up to 20 years
- Satisfaction of caring for your financial needs today and the financial needs of Westminster College tomorrow
Office of Development - 501 Westminster Avenue - Fulton, MO 65251
573.592.5370 Toll Free 888.687.9266