The Center for Career Development is committed to engaging, preparing, and empowering students to succeed in today’s highly competitive and ever-changing global community.
As a campus partner in developing leaders in a global community, the Center for Career Development is committed to providing an individualized yet highly integrated approach to our students. Through quality assistance, dynamic programming and up-to-date resources we prepare students professionally, intellectually, and ethically for securing fulfilling post-graduation opportunities world-wide, living Westminster College’s mission of preparing leaders of character for lives of success, significance and service.
Specifically, the Center for Career Development is committed to:
- Foster and guide students’ early involvement in their career planning and development through helping them identify their skills, values and interests and clarifying occupational fields that match these traits.
- Build employer, community, alumni and campus partnerships to create a wide variety of career/internship opportunities on a local, state, national and international level.
- Provide students with access and individual assistance to secure local, national and international job/internship opportunities to meet their diverse and changing needs.
- Educate students in job searching competencies and professional skills necessary to secure and effectively transition to competitive positions in today’s market.
- Assist students with the process of applying to graduate and professional programs that will fulfill their career goals and challenge them academically.
- Actively encourage experiential learning through extending student learning beyond the traditional classroom setting into professional work environments where students can expand their knowledge, learn from experts in the field, and apply as well as evaluate academic theory.
- Empower students to take personal responsibility for becoming lifelong learners who can successfully manage their careers over a lifetime.