Need to Know
- Student must have completed 57 credit hours and be in good academic standing with a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average.
- A maximum of 12 credit hours of internship can be applied towards student's graduation requirement.
- An intern must work a minimum of 50 hours on site for each credit. (For example, 3 credit hours = 150 hours on site.)
- Credit is awarded on CR/F basis.
- Students determine their goals for seeking an internship.
- Students meet with the Internship Coordinator to discuss their goals and research openings.
- Students apply for internship opportunities
- Once internship is acquired, student needs to locate a faculty sponsor.
- Learning goals are then developed with input from faculty sponsor and site supervisor.
- Pre-registration for an internship (ITS399) is requested.
- Students must be officially registered for an internship by the drop date for the Spring/Fall semester or by June 15 during summer and have all paperwork submitted on time.
- All internships will be completed by the beginning of the next semester. All academic work is due at that time.
For more information:
Contact the Internship Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 573-592-5382, or visit the Internship Office at Newnham Hall, lower level.
Career Service and Internship Program Disclaimer