Prior to Sponsoring an Intern
- Attend Faculty Sponsor Workshop or meet with the Internship Coordinator.
- Initial meeting with student to discuss sponsorship.
- Exploration and development of learning goals and contact with student.
Contact with Student during Internship
- Read weekly journal entries and respond.
- Discuss assigned readings as they apply to internship experience.
- Discuss evaluations at mid-semester and end of semester.
- Available to discuss any problems.
- Supervision of Final Project.
Contact with Internship Site Supervisor (optional)
- Initial contact to introduce self and explain role.
- Mid-semester contact to assess student's progress and to identify any problems.
- On-site visit is strongly encouraged, if available. The Internship Coordinator makes every effort to visit credit-bearing interns on site.
Contact with Internship Coordinator
- Phone, e-mail as needed.
- Inform immediately if problems arise.
- The Internship Office will forward the student's internship file to the faculty sponsor throughout the term.
For more information:
Contact the Internship Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 573-592-5382, or visit the Internship Office at Newnham Hall, lower level.
Career Service and Internship Program Disclaimer