What support is available to faculty who are interested in service-learning?
The Office of Community Engagement and Service-Learning can...
- Serve as a liaison between faculty and community partners
- Handle the logistics of the service component including
- Risk management/liability issues
- Share ideas and strategies for course construction and possible community partners
- Present to classes on service-learning and participant expectations
- Assessment and evaluation of both community partners and students
- Assistance with grants and funding opportunities
- Provide resources to help with the reflection component of the course
- Help lead the reflection component of the course
- Work with local media to promote positive publicity
What other resources are available?
The Office of Community Engagement & Service-Learning has a plethora of support services:
- A library with both general course construction materials as well as discipline specific resources
- A website with support materials, liability forms, as well as links to other resources
- Access to on-line resources, such as, Campus Compact as a member institution.
- Grant and conference presentation opportunities
- Access to example syllabi for your discipline