Service Release Policy
Service/Community Engagement Release Policy
- Every employee is eligible to take two hours paid leave per a semester during normal work hours to serve and engage in the local community. Additional hours may be approved by the supervisor for special College-related projects, so long as office workload allows it.
- Employees interested in participating would work with Jill Olson at the Emerson Center for Leadership & Service to coordinate the service and insure that the service was performed at an approved site.
- Approved sites would be community partners that we have an established relationship with and that have agreed to host volunteers. It is important that this be coordinated through the Emerson Center for Leadership & Service so our community partners are not overwhelmed and so the service can be verified. This will also help to mitigate risk.
- Employees would be encouraged to attend service projects that promote relationship building with students as well as colleagues. Thus, the Emerson Center for Leadership & Service will strive to organize projects that promote such interaction.
Possible Questions & Concerns
- Liability: Employees would be covered under the college's insurance for approved activities/sites.
- Transportation: Employees would be responsible for their own transportation, but there are several sites within walking distance of campus.
- Some of our community partners: Fulton schools, United Way, SERVE, Clothes Cupboard, CARD-V, CMCA, Rosa Parks, Fulton Treatment Center, and Head Start, Garrett Animal Shelter, Our House: Caring for Callaway's homeless.
- If you have a community partner/service project that you are interested in working with then please share your interest with the Emerson Center for Leadership & Service at 573-592-6213.
- The request for additional community engagement/service release time is at the discretion of supervisors.
If you want to get involved:
- Contact Jill Olson x6213 to set-up a project
- Notify your supervisor of your project date/time
- Serve and have fun!
- Submit your service hours at here on your MyWC page under "Service Hours" tab.