For Accounting major and minor requirements, please visit the course catalog.
"The close, personal interaction with Westminster professors who are CPAs themselves creates a real opportunity to learn and prepare for a job in that field. I know several individuals who have secured jobs with Big Four and regional accounting firms, including two of us who are now partners in those firms." - Sean Vincent '93, partner at KPMG LLP.
Why Study Accounting at Westminster?
- Learn through real-life application. Through our service-learning course, students offer income tax preparation to low income individuals.
- Benefit from close interaction with expert faculty who have both audit and tax experience, such as Prof. Elise Bartley.
- Enjoy fun, engaging classes, such as fraud examination and international accounting.
- Explore internships at such companies as Cat5 Commerce, MasterCard, and H&R Block.
Westminster's business program accreditation through ACBSP ensures you receive a top-quality education, recognized nationally by employers.
Great Careers Start Here
Did you know that the average starting salary for new accounting graduates in 2013 was $53,300?
Demand for accounting graduates is at an all-time high, and Westminster grads find great success.
Majoring in accounting is an excellent track to prepare you for a professional career in accounting, graduate school, or law school.
A few organizations where Westminster accounting grads have started their careers ...
- Ernst & Young
- Wells Fargo
- Williams Keepers
- Missouri Highway Patrol
- St. Louis University
- George Mason University
- University of Missouri-St. Louis
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Missouri State University
- And more.
To find more accounting career opportunity details, go to www.StartHereGoPlaces.com or check out information about the CPA exam at www.cpaexam.org.
Name: Elise Bartley
Phone: (573) 592-5215
Check out what Westminster accounting students and alums are doing and get accounting department updates.