- Co-authored paper "On Radio Labeling Edge-Balanced Caterpillars" was published in Le Matematiche and can be found at http://www.dmi.unict.it/ojs/index.php/lematematiche/article/view/1073
- Research interests include graph theory, specifically radio labeling.
- Participated as a graduate assistant mentor for the SUMSRI research program for undergraduate students at Miami University in Oxford, OH in the summer of 2011.
- PhD in Mathematics from The University of Iowa, August 2013.
- The Graduate Certificate in College Teaching, Office of Graduate Teaching Excellence, The
University of Iowa, May 2013.
- M.A. in Mathematics, The University of Iowa, May 2010.
- B.A. in Mathematics and Religion, Luther College, May 2008. Personal Information
Katie grew up in Bemidji, MN and then attended Luther college for her undergraduate degree where she enjoyed learning in a liberal arts environment. She enjoyed being a member of the swim team and math club as well as having the opportunity to take classes from many disciplines. After graduating from Luther in 2008, Katie began graduate school at The University of Iowa. During her time in Iowa City, she got both her Masters and PhD in mathematics as well as ran her first marathon. She enjoys teaching and getting to know her students at Westminster. Outside of teaching, she enjoys backpacking, reading for fun, cross country skiing, running, swimming, and crafts like knitting. More information about what Katie, what she is teaching, her scholarly pursuits, etc. can be found at her website: https://sites.google.com/site/katiebensonmath/